When a Telappliant wholesaler has enabled voicemail for their customer at a SIP trunk level, the duration before the call routes to voicemail can also be configured. This may be useful when trying to avoid a call following on to another forwarding point or if there is a desire for the call to simply ring for longer. This period is known as the Ring Timeout.
To complete this task you will need access to the Wholesale Portal together with the log in details and the SIP ID (trunk ID) of the end customer.
To configure the Ring Timeout please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to https://wapi.breathecall.com/portal using your internet browser and enter your username and password to login.
- Once logged in, click on 'Accounts' on the menu bar at the top.
- Enter the SIP ID of the end customer in the Query field and click the Search button.
- From the resultant list, click on the View/Edit button.
- From the menu on the left, click on 'Set Ring Timeout'.
- Enter a value, in seconds, for the Ring Timeout.
Note: The timeout is measured from the time that the call to the device is initiated which is likely to be a couple of seconds prior to when the device first starts ringing. Each ring cycle is considered to be approximately 5-6 seconds in duration.
- Click the Submit button to save this value. The change is effective immediately